But seriously, this is an amazing vegan zucchini-walnut loaf recipe you’ll love. It’s easy to make and super tasty! 😀 I would definitely suggest having a box of unbleached parchment paper on hand. What a genius invention! Before preparing batter cut out a piece of parchment paper that fits into the bottom of your 9 x 5 loaf pan. Add a little vegan butter or coconut oil around the inner pan edges. When it’s done cooking the loaf will slide ride out of the pan – no muss, no fuss.
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 3 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
* 1 cup shredded zucchini (tightly packed)
* 1 aged banana (not new and green, some brown on the skin is ideal)
* 1/4 cup vegan milk (soy, almond, or rice)
* 1/4 cup sunflower oil or coconut oil (melted)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 egg replacer (1 Tbl. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbl hot water)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees on convection setting (if available), otherwise “bake” setting will do.
– If using coconut oil, melt in advance on low heat. You can also mix coconut and sunflower oils for this recipe.
– shred the zucchini, press it into cup to pack. Set aside
– using a fork mash the banana in a small bowl or plate till it becomes squishy. Set aside.
– In large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients
(flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt)
– in separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients)
(zucchini, banana, vegan milk, oil of choice, vanilla, egg replacer)
Add wet ingredients to the dry bowl and mix. Let it sit for a couple minutes to allow water from zucchini to release, then mix a little more. If needed, add a touch of vegan milk.
Using spatula, pour batter into loaf pan, place in oven for 60 minutes. If you see it’s browning too quickly on the top before finished just add a little wrap of aluminum foil over the loaf pan and return it to the oven.
After 60 mins. check to see if center is cooked by pushing a thin, long knife blade down into the center. If it comes back with gooey batter on the end return loaf to oven for another five minutes.
Once removed and cooled about 10 minutes put a plate face down over the top of of the loaf. Hold plate in place and flip loaf pan upside, Your tasty, little zucchini bread loaf will plop right out thanks to your handy piece of parchment paper! Put another plate over bottom of loaf, and flip right side up. Voila! Show some love to the Earth for the bountiful harvest and elements, to the farmers who grew the plants, and to the peeps who transported the ingredients to you. Enjoy!